Monday, March 31, 2008

Saffron Marigold |block print traditional handcrafted linens










Anisha Gosh is the artist and designer behind the store and designed all the
linens in Saffron Marigold website. After traveling extensively through out India researching various traditional handcrafted textiles, and building relationships with
several artisans, Anisha launched Saffron Marigold. "In Saffron
Marigold I wanted to mirror the philosophy behind the slow clothes
movement wherein textiles are created with an eye to safeguarding
traditional crafts and the human impact of production rather
mechanized mass production".
Linens created from natural Indian cotton and they have sound karma.case you are interested in learning more about the hand block printing
process there is an online album that will take you through a visual
journey of the entire process.

3 comments:

Sugarmama said...

Hi there! I just ran across your blog today and love all your gorgeous photos. This post is particularly interesting, too, and I wanted to tell you that I linked to you today on my custom fabric printing blog. I also added you to our blogroll. Cheers!

Sugarmama said...

Oops! Here's a link to our actual fabric blog: http://blog.spoonflower.com/
I can't figure out how to comment via Typepad for some reason...

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

This looks fantastic! I love Indian textiles. So beautiful.